- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first class. Please be early for every class.
- Arriving early gives you an opportunity to relax and prepare for class.
- If your having a conversation, keep the volume low.
Please be considerate of your fellow yogis who may be quietly relaxing or meditating.
- What to wear
- Wear comfortable, form fitting clothing. Baggy clothes not recommended.
- Wear sandals? join us in keeping the studio clean by checking for clean feet.
- Leave cell phones, pagers & anything that beeps in your car.
- Getting started
- Yoga is non-competitive. There are no prizes for the best looking posture.
- Everyday your body will feel and respond differently. It's normal.
- One of the best qualities we learn is to be patient with yourself.
- Progress is not about how easily you can touch your toes, but by how mindful and present you are while practicing.
- Yoga mats
- We recommend that you don't buy common PVC(plastic) yoga mats made from toxic chemicals,
they don't perform as well as natural mats and may "gas-off" during use.
- We have environmentaly friendly, high quality mats at the studio for sale.
- About Teachers
- Arrive fragrance free
- Don't wear body lotions, deodorants or hair products with a fragrance.
- Why, Some students may be sensitive to these products.
- Wash mats occassionaly with hot, soapy water.
- Daily Practice
- Make yoga and relaxation part of every day.
- Find time to practice at home, even if it is for only 15 minutes.
- Be aware of your posture throughout the day.
- Be aware of the quality of your breathing.
- Yoga can be as easy as taking five deep conscious breaths, just because.
- Keep your yoga practice fun & easy spirited.
- Practice on an near empty stomach.
- Allow 2 hours digestion or more after a meal. Dont eat before you practice!
- Yoga is much better on an empty or near empty stomach.
- Drink plenty of room temperature water after class. Only sip if you need to during class.
- Attend the level of class suitable for your experience or recommended to you.
- To honor everyone's path in yoga we ask that you only attend a level 3 or higher class if you have an on-going,
consistent practice or by permission of the teacher.
- Please respect your guests as well.